Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weiner is a Funny Name!

I've seen Anthony Wiener on tv a few times over the past few weeks (including on Bill Maher below), and he always seems to make the most sense in questioning health insurance companies even existing; their sole purpose is to take the money from you and give it to the doctor instead of the money going straight from yourself to the doctor. All, of course, while happily accepting a hefty chunk of dough for their "troubles." You know, like Paulie Walnuts might.

To put it in a way someone such as myself might understand, the health insurance companies are like that guy in college we all knew who, after a night of drinking at eating at Macadoos, would insist on being the one who collected and counted the money to give to the waitress, and you always have a sneaking suspicion that he helped himself to a dollar or two from everybody else for his "troubles." Yeah, maybe there's some value in that, but to say I'm better off as opposed to simply giving my money to the waitress is pretty crazy (neverminding if the waitress had refused to serve me in the first place.)

Mostly, whenever I've heard the name "Anthony Weiner" my brain has spoken up "why do we like this guy so much?" Wtf...I intuitively love this guy, but couldn't think or remember why....UNTIL NOW. Yes!!!!

No comments: