Friday, October 02, 2009

1,2,3,4 - ZINGAH!!!!!!

Even when put up aginst my normal standard, I've been in a big Ramones mood all week, and GodIHateYourRamones sent me THIS today:
Fox Searchlight is negotiating for the rights to a biopic about The Ramones, which is awesome because they make by far my favorite t-shirts at Target.

As I'm looking at it, I realize I have zero interest in this being made. The Ramones are about as well-documented as a band can be without actually selling records. There's a shitload of books on them, as well as a coupla documentaries; I have no desire to see dramatic enactments of things by good-looking people when we have plenty of the real thing. Of course I WILL see it cause they're my favorite band, but blech.

But it's almost worth it being made just by this guy's Entourage zinger, in reference to a few seasons ago when Vinny Chase considered making the same kind of movie, based on Joey Ramone:
Anyway, if you ever need proof something’s a bad idea, you can’t do much better than “Why that’s funny, Vinny Chase was considering doing the same thing on Entourage.”
ZING!!

No comments: