Thursday, September 22, 2011

Death Row Meal

Via MOI, presumably written just after a mother/daughter threesome which included a "wartime nurse/wounded flyboy" scenario:
Some interesting notes on last meals of death row inmates. Why is the photo they use one of a guy on the phone - is he ordering Domino's for his last meal? Wtf? For some reason this has come up at my office a few times; my won answer is usually a replica of Sunday dinners as a kid (roast chicken, peas, Stove Top, mashed potatoes, homemade apple pie with Breyers vanilla, and homemade rolls.) Though now that I think about it I wouldn't mind a Pat's cheeseteak thrown in there too.

Even in such a desperate moment, I'm not sure I could keep a straight face and not fuck with the order. "This isn't mine." "Can you send this shit back? Bring the chef out!!" et al. "Are there peanuts in here? I'm allergic, for chrissake!!!!"
While skimming the article about the killer of James Byrd being executed, I almost missed this:
Brewer ate a huge final meal, according to Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark. It consisted of chicken fried steaks, a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, a cheese omelet, a bowl of fried okra, barbeque, fajitas, pizza, and a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts.
I'm not saying it's worth a dude being decapitated, but fucking hell, that's impressive.

No comments: