Tuesday, December 16, 2014

State du Moi

So far this week I seem to have a problem almost walking into people on the sidewalk. I go right they go right, I go left they go left. Wtf?

________________________________________________________________

“You said it, lil’ buddy,” I agreed. “No drinking tonight.  In bed by ten o’clock.  Big day tomorrow.”
“Rats!”
“Yeah.  You’re right lil’ buddy.”  We crossed over Grand Avenue and onto the sidewalk.  “I guess they’re all big from now on.”
I looked back up and found myself directly in front of a young girl within a throng of kids that had just been let out of school for the day.  I beared my right as she did her left, and then we both did the opposite back and forth for a few seconds, dancing wordlessly in front of each other, until she finally yelled to break the silence:
“Learn to swerve, motherfucker!”

No comments: