Friday, August 26, 2016

Finally!

Years ago, I rather tongue-in-cheekly wrote:
Can we please stop with the reviews of every single Springsteen concert? I mean, how the fuck do these people do it - night after night, they pull their hamstrings doing gymnastics to explain to us how THIS show was the most transcendent, soul-moving, emotional, greatest show ever in the history of rock.

Look, we get it - he's awesome. And the shows are awesome. But how many times can we say this? Can't we simply put up a GONE FISHIN' sign up when it comes to reviewing these shows, and assume that YES, if there was a Springsteen show it was beyond crazy incredible and the whole band gave 110% and somehow pulled up something extra when the crowd needed to be lifted, once again? Please? - XMASTIME
And now it's apparently happened, with the fantastic title "Bruce Springsteen Just Played His Longest U.S. Concert Ever, and My God It Was Exhausting":
It seemed like the show was over. But then Bruce yelled to the crowd: “You don’t SOUND satisfied.” It was almost midnight and I started to panic. Bruce went on: “You better show me if you’re satisfied.” I shrieked. He ignored me and played “Thunder Road.”
Hahaha sacrilegious, but funny.

No comments: