Wednesday, September 16, 2026

ROCK 101: Don’t Bore Us, Get to the Chorus

Because I am a bit of a musical genius who is only now beginning to understand my own responsibility for the very future of recorded music, I’ve been flirting recently with the idea of making songs that are completely made of up the choruses only. We’re already living in an ADHD culture for whom a 7-second Tik Tok pushes the bounds of people’s attention spans, so why make everybody sit through verses/bridges/middle 8s etc when we can just get to the goddam chorus already?

A FEW QUESTIONS:
1. do I write & record the full song first like I normally would and then cut out everything but the choruses?
2. do I write the song as I normally would, but then only record the choruses?
3. do I only bother writing the choruses in the first place?
4. can a chorus technically and spiritually be a chorus if its all by itself?

I will keep you posted on this, you're welcome very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment