Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mix Tapes

Tell you what i would like to see: a website devoted to chicks listing the mix tapes dudes have given them throughout the years. There's the "I fell in love to this one" batch to the "This is when I figured out he was gay" batch to the "I dont have the dude anymore, but I still got a copy of 'Radio Free Europe', so we're even" batch. I was complete loser with mine, too; I'd always make little notes with each song

"I Need Your Love" The Ramones - You know, cause I need your love so much baby, I just love you...can I tell the guys we did it now? No? Please?

AND I'd even list the album and the year the album came out. No girl I ever gave a mix tape to even pretended to care about records, but I guess after one of my tapes I expected them to look up CREEM and ROLLING STONE on the microfiche every waking hour, researching the albums I had told her about. Christ. I know a lot of music geeks - no girl I've ever mix-taped (I just made up a verb!!!) was ever a music geek. I'm expecting her to figure out who engineered different band's albums, meanwhile she's smiling at me, trying to see out how long she has to have that gleeful look painted on her face before she can place it in the Vault: the bottom of her pocketbook, where it would never be seen again. Oh, until the next time I was in her car. We'd get in, I'd be like hey, lets put in the tape I gave you! Totally not reading the look of "oh god no, cant you tell I hate you and your stupid cuts?" on her face, I'd happily dig around for it until I've got my head stuck underneath the spare tire compartment , shouting "here it is!!"

Sigh.

1 comment:

Xmastime said...

Will...Im 33! you know this!!!