The folks over at The Ringer have listed their Top 10 Shows of the Year. I will now give my thoughts on each on, you;re welcome very much:
10. Foundation - never heard of it
9. Dickinson - LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!! Amazing cast, great mix of comedy/drama, willfully light & quirky in a great way and Jane Krakowski should win a bunch of damn awards.
8. Yellowjackets - never seen it
7. Reservation Dogs - never seen it but great title
6. For All Mankind - never seen it, not big on historical counterfactuals ("how would the world be different if Xmastime had never had sex in a Dairy Queen bathroom??!!")
5. Maid - FANTASTIC! The main actor should win all the awards, even if I was a tad disappointed it quickly went from being a show about the crushing way that the bureaucracy of being poor only makes you exponentially more poor every day and kind of just a show about her life, but it was still fantastic.
4. Evil - never heard of it
3. Hacks - watched it, mostly liked it, had some stuff to nitpick about it
2. Succession - my capacity for watching kazillionaires being miserable is taken up by the cartoon that is Yellowstone. Also - what's up with the folks over at The Ringer loving tv shows with one-word titles?
1. The White Lotus - incredible cast, rolled my eyes at a lot of it including the ending.
Off the top of my head, and I know I'll immediately regret this since I'll forget something, I'd say mine are, in no order:
Only Murders in the Building
What We Do in the Shadows
The Beatles: Get Back
Kevin Can F**k Himself /Ghosts (tied)
And while they're not "prestige" tv, I'm loving The Conners and the Wonder Years reboot.