Friday, July 26, 2024

On JD fucking Vance

I always assume everybody else is smarter than me and I REALLY assume anyone who went to Yale is smarter than me, and so even after being vaguely disappointed when JD Vance's Hillbilly Elegy came out and then watching him look like a total fucking dipshit every time he opened his mouth I still find myself surprised to see he'd stroll so gung-ho into the Trump Trap, the latest in a now-long line of "oh, I'LL be the one who changes him, I'LL be different"...flash forward 5 years and there's JD Vance with his career ruined like Rudy/Pence/insert any of the many generals/chiefs of staff etc Trump went through. The only thing we've learned over the years is that Trump gets away with absolutely EVERYTHING, but those tainted by him are never that lucky.

But hey, good luck on being "The One", JD.

No comments: