Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why Is Bruce the Only Singer That Is Aware of the Planet Around Him?

Bruce Springsteen on CNN, 6/23/06

Awesome short interview with Bruce; some concert footage mixed in with him bitch-slapping Ann Coulter and Dubya. As usual, all he does is make sense. Saturday's show in Jersey (thanks Lisk!) was 10x better than the Garden one, I know Bruce always turns it up a notch for his hometown crowd. Also my Godson's first Bruce show!! :) beat me by 30 years. Show was amazing, songs were incredible and his voice is better than it's ever been, though I'm bothered by the obvious tanning bed sessions :) Also started thinking why is it that it's Bruce who's doing music like this, ie topical protest (and don't forget last year's "Devils & Dust") music instead of younger bands, people of my generation? I know I'm a bit out of the loop, but we've been in the midst of an illegal war for over 3 years, we lost a whole American city while the president was on vacation (surprise!), yet the black people are still singing about ho's and bling and the white dudes are singing about why the pretty girls don't talk to them even tho they have they have the first Cat Power single on vinyl. Bruce is 56 years old and has more money than God, yet he is moved and angry enough as a person and an artist to say somethinig about it; where are all the other bands' protests, where is their outrage? What the fuck.

7 comments:

Liz said...

I couldn't agree with you more, on the show Sat night, and on Bruce himself. What really struck me was how happy he looked playing the music. He was so obviously enjoying himself, I can't imagine sitting in that crowd and not getting carried away by it. We were on the lawn, and I didn't even notice the rain and mud until I got home and saw my ruined shoes. It's my home turf as well, and I really loved the plug for our local food bank. I think for Bruce it was always about the music and not the money, so he continues on that way.

Anonymous said...

Well let's not forget Steve Earle heading up the REVOLUTION with his longwinded rants onstage.... gets me riled me up everytime!

Steve Earle!

Anonymous said...

"where is their outrage?"

Perhaps they aren't as as evolved as you, Xmastime? You and Bruce need to be patient. Eventually, the common sense outrage will finally result in an articulation of your values via the election of an orthodox liberal to the presidency.

ha ha ha. Just fuckin' with you. The best you can hope for is that anti-flag burnin', stay the course mama, Hillary Clinton!

Big Man!

Xmastime said...

www.bigmanfansfortruth.us

Anonymous said...

Fuck that.

I'm Outraged!

And Anonymous.

Big Man!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my term insurance rate site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following money Blog, it is cool to!