Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pacman Fever

What a surprise…Pacman Jones, suspended by the NFL for a year, is putting out a hip hop cd. Is it the law that if black guy has money and 4 free hours, he has to put out a hip hop album? Let me guess, next week he will announce his own clothing line too. Shocker. Oh, and I see Pacman is singing about…stones, big money and cars...hmm. Gee, something really different. Thanks Pac!

But what this makes me think of is of course Ron Artest. Most people remember Artest’s fight at the Palace in 2004 –NBA player jumps into stands to fight, the world’s over we should all kill ourselves. Okay. But what got lost in that shuffle and what continues to both amaze me and crack me up is that earlier in the season, Artest had walked into his team’s offices and asked for a month off to promote a cd he had made for some girl group friends of his. The gumption and stupidity to walk in and ask for such a thing – Ron, my cap will always be doffed. Never forget, people!

No comments: