Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Suicide Trucks

For some reason today my mind flashed to my senior year English teacher's husband killing himself right before school started that year. Wrote a note to his wife and two kids, then walked in front of a bus. I can't say that would be my #1 way of offing myself. For one, even if only for a split second, that's a lot of pain. And there's also a chance you live; people get hit by cars every day and live. Then you'd look like a fucking idiot, right? Maybe you could try to explain it away as an accident, but let's remember you probably did the whole thing in part to get some attention anyways, right? Mostly, the hardest part to me would be picking the truck. I mean, I'd want the truck that kills me, literally the last thing I ever see, to be to my liking, no? I would think you'd let a few pass: too small, too flashy, Mel's RotoRooter, hell no, etc etc. You'd want it to be a reflection of yourself, I would think. And what if you were doing it cause some dude was fucking your wife - well, you'd wanna make sure it wasn't dude's truck you let do you in, right? Though in a perfect world, it'd be your cheating scumbag wife whose truck you walked into, THAT would fucking show her, right? Now she's gotta live with that the rest of her life, plus it's hard to be fucking dude if she's doing 5-7 for involuntary manslaughter (let's face it, she'd have motive.) Of course, in a "perfect world", I guess you wouldn't be killing yourself. Anyways. How many times do you think some guy's stood on the curb waiting for the right truck to come along, but eventually gave up cause he didn't like his choices? "Aw, these trucks are fucking gay, fuck this" and went back home?

2 comments:

Gina said...

Speaking of grid marks, we just hired a fire breather, a guy who swings flaming balls around by a chain to call Bingo numbers and toilet my old people. Random thought.

Gina said...

he's got chain burns which look suspicious but he tells me they are typical for circus people.