Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Right of the Dial (and Yet So Wrong)

As with "65 Love Affair" mentioned below, there are certain songs that I have only ever heard on my hometown radio station, and if I went home today and turned to 105.5 on the dial, I swear they'd be playing. Stuck in some weird, not-even-oldies-or-ironic-we-just-still-play-them time warp playlist. I sometimes think these songs were only ever played at that station and nowhere else, including:

"Take It Easy On Me" – Little River Band
"Stranger in My House" – Ronnie Milsap
"I Wouldn’t Have Missed it for the World" - Ronnie Milsap
"Just Once" – James Ingram
"For Your Eyes Only" - from the Bond flick, whoever did it. Sheena Easton?

having worked at the station, peut etre GIHYB may have more. Or The Gnat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ELvira by Oak Ridge Boys. Lay Down Sally by Clapton. I don't know - I think they were better back before the satellite programming. Now it is even more innocuous pop than 80s country.