Thursday, May 15, 2008

Grudge Match? No. Disappointing.


On the way to work this morning I saw a Doritos truck and a Frito-Lay truck parked next to each other. "Oooooh," I thought, "fight!" I was of course greatly disappointed to see the two drivers were leaning on the Doritos truck, chatting amiably. I don't know what I thought was supposed to happen; I guess I thought anytime two people from those companies saw each other in the street they'd launch into a desperate fight to the death. I guess I imagined if I hung out with the Doritos guy I'd see that anytime he saw a bag of Fritos he'd scoff at it. "Freakin corn chip douchebags." No fight in the street here, though. Very disappointing.

And do these trucks really need to be painted end to end with the shit they're selling? You're just dropping fucking Doritos off at bodegas for fuck's sake; do you think you're the Kool-Man truck? Are neighborhood kids scrambling around screaming "Doritos truck is here!! Doritos truck is here!!" as their mothers throw dollar bills out the window "get a nacho cheese and get your daddy a cool ranch and two super zesty nacho cheese for your cousins, hurry!!!" For fuck's sake. I love Doritos, but when I see the truck I don't think "YES!!! the Doritos are in!!!" I just think "My eyes hurt. great." How bout saving some money on all that fucking paint and making a bag containing 4 chips less than 99 fucking cents?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same team, Xmastime, same team. All is quiet in the "-ito" world. No beef between 'em.