Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Fat Everyday

Check out I'm Fat Everyday, a blog by a buddy of mine from college. Jesus christ, if there ever was a thing that could finally convince me that I can do it, Spanky losing about 160lbs is it.

In college Spanky was one of those guys that was just plain fat. Not husky, not big-boned, but fat. I fool myself into thinking well, at one time I was an athlete, I graduated high school 6'2" 190lbs of pure tiger meat and maple syrup gristle, so of course magically overnight I'll return to that. Which of course is a farce. Spanky though you could tell was always a fat kid. If you had asked me in 1993 if Spanky would one day lose 15 lbs I would've laughed you out of the room.

And here he's done it - lost 160 fucking pounds!! Dude runs marathons, triathlons, onandonandons. Unreal. Fucking amazing. If you held up a picture of him today there's no way I'd realize it was him. One day he woke up and realized what I need to: I am morbidly obese. I am miserable. I have to change.

And here's the last guy in the world I would've thought could do it, and he did it times ten. Fucking a. Tough to make excuses for myself anymore. Congrats, Spanky Andy!!!!

No comments: