Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tonight's Speech

I realize that other than "no attacks since 9/11!!!" and the McRib comeback there's not a lot for Bush to pound his chest about, but he has to fucking stop bleating this "I was willing to make the tough decisions" nonsense. MAKING tough decisions is not hard; making the CORRECT decision is. Hell, if you stuck me in the Oval Office and presented me with a decision I had to make, I can always say "yes" or "no." It's whether I know what the fuck I'm doing that's the trick, which brings us to his "I did my best" bullshit - in the hands of incompetence, doing one's best is not always enough. Loving Jesus and being a "guy I'd like to have a beer with" is not enough, as the last eight years have repeatedly shown us. I've blathered about this point ad nauseum over the years so there's no point in belaboring, but I would hope that in future elections any time we start talking about electing someone cause they're "just like me" they'll point to the Bush years as a severe warning.

Of course, we let ourselves completely forget certain things about Vietnam as we lemming-ed into Iraq. We are a slow, forgetful country. So we'll see.

No comments: