Thursday, May 28, 2009

Checkmate

NERDHAPPY has a running series of CHESS BATTLES FROM HEAVEN, which I liked so much I kept meaning to parody it, wherein I take on geniuses in heaven and crush them, "Da Bears!"-style. But I'm lazy, so I never got around to it.

Then today he posts THIS, which reminded me of the Chess game that came with my computer that I've forgotten about after going about 0-341 a few months ago. I just opened it up and launched a typical Xmastime attack: immediately set out the pawns to be destroyed so that they're not cluttering my shit up as I try to singe-handedly win with my Queen. Which, as you can see below, took about 14 seconds to get my ass handed to me. Good lord. Opponent didn't even bother having the decency of slaughtering my pawns first.

2 comments:

Nerdhappy said...

Dude, that's a miracle that you got the board to look like that. How'd he get his queen in there?

Xmastime said...

never seen that before either; think the thing remembered me. "ignore the pawns, just whoop him tout suite." ;)

vaguely recall Queen sliding down for my wide-open rook right away. sigh.