Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Bastille Day: Things to Like About France

French Class.

I took three years of French in high school, and then another year in college. After bullshitting my way through the three years in high school, I was able to remember exactly one sentence: les nuits, tous les chats sont gris. I had been a stud in Latin class, but then spent three years going "eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." while stalling for my French teacher to call on somebody else. But the best was in college, where my French professor made fun of us for being too stupid to go to a real college. "Hey, they PAY me to be here." He also coined my college as "The Harvard on the Appomattox." Awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhh, it was "La Nuit. . .," not Les Nuits. ANyway, sorry I missed the Greg Day congrats, but I figured I would be reading about your Birthday Noogies by now.

Xmastime said...

sigh. 1/2 decade of french class, and i cant even get my signature phrase right. goddammit - it's cause i had mrs. shipp that first year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!