Sunday, October 04, 2009

Basil of Baker Street


I had never really noticed it before, but I just now read that while shooting Abe Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth also stabbed a guy named Henry Rathbone. I thought of the name "Basil Rathbone," which made me think a series of childrens books I read as a kid, Basil of Baker Street. A rodent Sherlock Holmes! Awesome!  Ate those up at the Henrico public library as a young, YOUNG buck.

Now if I could only remember the name of the series of books with the little kid who lived in England that loved elephants, chunky kid, cowlick...Sprout? Is it Sprout? Starting to think it's Sprout. Will look up.

UPDATE: looks like "Sprout" ain't it. But I feel like that's close. Will keep looking.

UPDATE: Maybe with "Sprout" I'm thinking of "Sport," wasn't he Harriet the Spy's friend? Yes? No?

UPDATE: I feel like it's definitely one word, starts with an "S"

No comments: