Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baseball

I'm the worst kind of Yankees fan in how Yankee-centric I am. I mean, I don't even know the other teams in the AL East that well. I got friends who are, say, Cubs fans, and they can talk about any player in the National League. Meanwhile it'll be September, we're playing against the Sox for the 17th time and I'm like "who's he?" Hell, I live in new York and the Mets just won 12 out of 13 games, and I didn't even notice.  But seriously, fuck the Mets.

Also, MLB is still searching for solutions to a problem that doesn't exist by tinkering with the All-Star Game. Wow! Awesome! It's almost perfect guys, don't give up!! Well, except for the fact that nobody fucking gives two shits about it, and the idea that the winner determines the home field advantage in the World Series is beyond asinine. The only people who care about this game are Bud Selig and the company that prints up all the fucking ballots.

Quit trying to make the All-Star game "mean something," and just get fucking rid of it. Have three days of those sausage races, that would be less destructive to the game.

No comments: