Tuesday, June 29, 2010

They Say You Gotta Stay Hungry

I don't know who this Amy MacDonald is, but someone needs to explain to her that Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen's classic Dancing in the Dark is not some old man sad bastard song; it's a fucking PARTY CUT of the first degree. If this bitch knew what the fuck she was doing she'd know that every night before Bruce plays this at a show, sirens start going off and a robot comes out blaring "Emergency! Emergency! Everyone must report to the dance floor! Take your party stations!” If Courtney Cox came up onstage when MacDonald was singing her version she'd fucking hang herself, for chrissake (also because she looks like an 8 year-old boy.)

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

Um, dude, she's not the first to do a "sad bastard" cover of the song; I've heard a couple myself.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken--and you would know this better than me--Bruce himself used to play a slow, dirge-y version live in the early '90s.