Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paul McCartney at the White House

 Accepting the Gershwin Prize.

I missed the first 1/2 hour, but that's fine since 1) PBS will rerun it a million times  2) I'd rather see Paul playing his songs anyway, not Dave fucking Grohl while Paul is 10 feet away from him.

Also, the stat Obama passed out that Paul's songs have been on the charts for an accumulative 32 years is pretty fucking astounding.

Xmas MacLove HERE.

TOP 5 MACCA SLICES (today) (at this moment):

Let it Be
For No One
The Night Before
Two of Us
I've Got a Feeling
She's Leaving Home
Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight/The End
Getting Better

Also, shame on Brothatime!! for his "is this a record for the most black people ever in the audience for a member of the Beatles?" crack. Not all of us prefer to join in with your particular brand of racism, sir. Remember: I do not see race. Oh, I see an entire group of people who happen to have darker skin than myself that should be loathed for their addiction to crime, laziness and not being able to swim, but skin color? No. Not in 2010.





No comments: