Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where Have You Gone Corey the Bagger, Shopper Turn Their Lonely Eyes to You

My stay in the line at Topps tonight was extended by (ironically, as you'll see) five minutes thanks to the bag boy being confused as to whether the cashier was saying "cinco" or "singles" when asking to exchange bills from his little tip cup. It was fucking mind-blowing.

CASHIER: Give me cinco please.
BUS BOY: How many?
Cinco! Five!
Here you go (tries to hand her a five $1 bills)
No poppy, cinco, cinco!
That is cinco!
No poppy, I need cinco, not single!
Are you saying "cinco", or "single"?
Cinco!
Here! (tries to hand her a single dollar bill)
Not a single, Poppy, cinco!
(tries to hand her back the five singles)

Now another cashier tries to help the kid:

SECOND CASHIER: she's saying cinco, poppy, five!
I tried to give her five!
Just one cinco poppy!
(he tries to hand her a single dollar bill)
No no, CINCO, five!
NOT a single?
No, no single, cinco!
Cinco?
Si!
Six singles?
Cinco!
(tries to hand her back the five singles)

The amazing thing about all this?  THE FUCKING BUS BOY SPOKE SPANISH! This isn't like ME trying to interact with the cashier, it's some local latino kid!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know how the fuck it ended; I think I blacked the fuck out. Unreal.

And you know this: there's no way Corey would've stood for that shit.

No comments: