Friday, October 29, 2010

The Curious Case of Sniffy

Long, long ago I knew that even if I thought it was bullshit I had to give up crying and moaning like a baby and accept the "results" of the 2000 presidential election. Bush was our president, and that wasn't going to change no matter how many times I shook my fists at the sky.

But I have NEVER forgiven Al Gore, MY guy, The Prince of Tennessee, for losing fucking Tennessee. To say nothing of it being the difference in the outcome, but...to lose your own fucking state? Which your own father also represented in Congress for 32 fucking years? Are you fucking kidding me?

This has come into my mind because of Sarah Palin (of course.) One interesting thing I find myself reading again and again is how much people living in Alaska HATE HER FUCKING GUTS. If she ran for president, who knows what states she'd win, but from what I can tell my left nut has a better chance of winning Alaska than she would. Every newspaper/media outlet in Alaska seems to be incredulous beyond belief at how seriously people in the rest of the country take her, and within each concentric circle you hit that's closer to her, the more hatred there is for her. ANYONE in the state that has actually come in contact with her seems to want to scream to the rest of us about what an awful, awful person she is. The entire state is one colelctive "are you motherfuckers out of your goddam minds?"

That's very interesting to me. And of course we're now seeing time and time again, the Palin Model prescribes letting as few people as possible find out as little about you as is humanly possible. Which makes perfect sense when you realize that while it's possible she could win 49 states, there's no way in hell she'd win the one that knows her best.

KNOW FEAR. (hot, sexy, prolly loves assplay fear, but fear nonetheless.)

No comments: