Thursday, October 07, 2010

Throwdown

Moi ICI:
All this popped into my pretty little head right now because I'm watching Man vs. Food try to devour YET ANOTHER hamburger that is roughly the size of a goat. This was, of course, after he tried to eat a sandwich called the "Fat Sandy," which has 6 burgers topped with cheese, french fries, mozzarella sticks, philly cheese steak, mushrooms, onions and peppers, all smothered in a Cheddar cheese sauce (pictured HERE, on the right...how they held off on the mac 'n cheese is a credit to their restraint.) I mean seriously, these sandwiches are fun to put together and look at in pictures, but who the fuck is actually eating this shit? Answer: well, nobody. 
In an interview with Zap2It, Alton Brown called the Travel Channel's eating-challenge show Man vs. Food "disgusting." He said: "That show is about gluttony, and gluttony is wrong. It's wasteful. Think about people that are starving to death and think about that show. I think it's an embarrassment."
I like Man vs. Food. It's entertaining, although I'm tired of the whole "shlubby congenial dude goes around eating shit" genre and I'd like to do the show more THIS WAY, and the guy is nothing if not incredibly likeable. Tho I have wondered about the vast amount of wasted food, more so than other shows.

But I LOVE Good Eats, so when Alton Brown speaks, I'm on Team Brown.  Sorry, Chunky! 



No comments: