Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Death or Glory

Movie in the works on the making of London Calling:
As NME points out, the BBC reports that London Calling, a biopic about punk godfathers the Clash, is currently in the pre-production stages. If they fuck this one up, people are going to be very, very mad...The movie is set to begin shooting next year, and its plot will follow the creation of the Clash's 1979 album London Calling. The cast hasn't been announced yet, but god knows it can't be easy to find anyone with a face like Joe Strummer or Paul Simonon.
20+ years ago, there's no way in hell I'd have even dreamed there'd one day be a movie about a Clash record. Books about the Replacements, books about Husker Du, books and movies out there now about albums I didn't think 10 other people were listening to back then.

Article's right though, good luck with the fucker asked to be as charasmatic as Joe Strummer.

Side Note: When I was a young buck I'd be fuming at Pitchfork for writing about London Calling with a photo from the first record. I'd think well gee, London Calling, if I remember correctly, had at least one picture itself that was "somewhat" iconic.  But now I'm an old man with no principles, looking forward to the flick. And my 4pm pot of Sanka.

No comments: