Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Did Not Know That

from.
O at Home snippet reveals the legend that one of America's most famous authors, William Faulkner, using a graphite pencil and red grease pencil, penned the outline of The Fable on the walls of his Mississippi office. Faulkner's wife, disappointed with this decision, had the walls repainted. In return, Faulkner rewrote the outline and then shellacked the wall to ensure a permanent record! Brilliant.
On a side note, the greatest Christmas gift I ever gave someone was dirt from Faulkner's grave. Well, actually I can't say it was the "greatest" gift. Matter of fact, he hated it, and still brings it up today and what a shitty friend it makes me. So.

Tho it was better than the gift I gave him for Christmas '94: an It's a Wonderful Life calendar...for 1994.

Hey, fuck him.

No comments: