Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blurter

I don't wanna say I condone people saying stupid shit on Twitter about the tragedy in Japan, but I think we need to ease up on our public outrage.  Or giving a shit, actually.  Twitter is perfectly set up for saying stupid things; it's the equivalent of blurting something out without thinking upon hearing bad news.  It should be called Blurter.  I don't necessarily wanna be buddies with someone who would tweet shit like that, and I'm not looking to high-five Gilbert Gottfried for being a fucking idiot, but I think it's okay to keep it in it's place.  It's jerkoffs who have found themselves at the controls of media that makes it WAY to easy to expose themselves as jerkoffs.  They'll get busted, then make the apology rounds, and then the same shit will go on the next time a kid falls down a well.

But this 50 Cent Tweet (Blurt) bugs me:

"It's all good, 'til bitches see their Christian Louboutins floating down da street," he wrote. "Shit gone get crazy."
Not because it's insensitive, but because it reminds me of the curious relationship that hardcore, street-thug rappers who have based their livelihoods on being bad-ass motherfuckers with bullets still in their own bodies have with the fashion industry, as I wrote about here.

What the fuck?

No comments: