Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Moptop Madness

COVER Me presents: MOPTOP MADNESS!

All throughout March they'll be squaring covers of Beatles songs off NCAA-style, and while I could give two shits about the covers, I took the time to fill out the bracket based on the originals.

The random seeding meant some songs showed up twice - sadly, Eleanor Rigby went 0 for 2.  Also, the Run for Your Life vs Run for Your Life first round was strange.

But the A Day in the Life vs. Strawberry Fields Forever 1st round matchup is absurd, like the 1957 Tar Heels going up against the 1996 UK Wildcats in the first round, so I was happy to see A Day in the Life again in another region so I could let Strawberry Fields back in, and I'm glad I did since that A Day in the Life/Strawberry Fields/I Want to Hold Your Hand/Let it Be half of the Final Eight is fucking monstrous (and way stronger than the other side.)

click for larger image

No comments: