Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Coffee Table Book of His Ladies Would Be More Interesting

Apparently there's a book coming out about Derek Jeter, and if what the Post has chosen for it's exceprt this past Sunday, the most interesting thing about Jeter is exactly what you'd expect: A-Rod.

I love Jeter.  We all do.  He's the Yankee of our lifetimes.  But I have no desire to read about him.  He is JFK to A-Rod's RFK: the more you read about Jeter the less interesting he is, while A-Rod has layer after layer of odd complexity that can be fascinating, whether you like him or not.  If it weren't for Jeter acting like a sniveling sixth-grade girl because of a comment A-Rod made (and then apologized profusely for), there would truly be nothing interesting about Jeter as a guy.
"What?  Hey, I had beans for lunch, sue me!"

1 comment:

Kiko Jones said...

I respect and appreciate w/Jeter has done for my team but I'm not a fan of his and I really don't think he should've been named team captain, either.