Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ridin' Le Sniff

Joe McGinnis on the irony of Palin's outrage at the media coming  after her kids, all while using them as political props:
Now, almost two years later, that poor Down Syndrome child is neither so photogenic nor so manageable, so he’s off (or under) the bus. So it’s Piper who has to fill in.  Do you think that poor girl had a choice? Last summer, Sarah complained long and loud that I’d moved in next door because I wanted to peer at Piper through her bedroom window. Her hot-to-trot flunkies like Beck and Van Susteren made that slanderous accusation into a right-wing meme. The only time I saw Piper—I never laid eyes on her last summer—was at a Sarah book-signing at The Villages, Florida, just before Thanksgiving, 2009, when I reported on the event as part of my research for THE ROGUE. I was appalled to see the poor girl ushered up to a FOX News platform for makeup before Sarah brought her on camera during an interview with one of the Fox blondes about what a swell Thanksgiving they were all going to have.

Trig, at least, was too young and too Down to know how he was being used.

Piper was being taught to love it.
I will say this, what I said about Piper:
And the littlest one, Piper, should have her own show. That kid's got charisma, and you can practically see her giving Sniffy the finger every time she turns around. Both she and Willow don't seem to mind calling their mother out on her bullshit.  And with other adults they seemed very quiet, respectful etc.
Of course, it turns out she does have her own reality show: "Please Elect My Mom President."

On one hand, I don't have a problem with her running Piper around, since it's certainly more interesting than whatever the hell I was doing at her age; which, if I recall correctly, was devising a way to network home computers by way of a hyper text markup language.  On the other hand, it's  yet another blatant hypocritical move on Sniffy's part, although who the hell cares, since the people who support her aren't interested in (ironically) reality, unless it's "reality" tv.

No comments: