Tuesday, November 01, 2011

U2

"What happened to being cool?" - David Bielanko
One of the more annoying things it seems very important for hipsters to do is excitedly tell you how "uncool" they are, which is hipsterese for "doesn't that make me cool?"

No.  It doesn't.

So I always roll my eyes whenever the "U2 is cool because they're NOT cool" nonsense gets rolled out whenever they're doing something, like in this article.  I saw the documentary on their making of Achtung Baby, which seemed to be 95% about making Rattle & Hum, 3% about how unhip they are and the rest about the making of Achtung BabyAchtung Baby was never a slice of mine, although it appears to be the one album by them everyone agrees on.  Maybe I'll re-listen.  But hey, maybe I'm just not cool (doesn't that make me cool?)

My manifesto on the U2 catalog HERE.

No comments: