Saturday, December 03, 2011

Funny Books

BayonneMike stumped me yesterday by asking what the funniest novel I've ever read is. I don't know if I've ever read a novel that was funny throughout. Cheaper by the Dozen but that's more of a memoir. Hmm. - XMASTIME
This woman HERE puts together a list of 30 "laugh out loud" books.  I've only read two from the list, and while I wouldn't consider Catcher in the Rye to be "laugh out loud funny", I read Without Feathers about 25 years ago and STILL use riffs from it.  Killer.  And it includes my raison d'etre:
“I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.”

I'd also like to read that Jean Shepard stuff.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I nominate Confederacy of Dunces. I have read it 3 or 4 times over the years, and it still cracks me up. Just thinking about the "Campaign for Moorish Dignity" makes me piss my pants. Might have to bust that book out again soon

Andtheend. said...

Bob newhart, "I shouldn't even be doing this."