Monday, April 09, 2012

Xmastime TV Review

GREAT EXPECTATIONS
PBS

I've only seen the first hour, but so far, meh. I'm partial to the early 70's BBC joint with Michael York (later one of Larry's business partners in Curb Your Enthusiasm!) and of course the classic 1946 film. How can you make Dickens so dull and lifeless?

Also, even caked in evil clown makeup Gilliam Anderson is simply too hot to be Miss Havisham. I mean, come the fuck on already - of all channels, you'd think PBS would be the one to NOT fuck things up by going with someone too hot and young. Is this PBS AfterDark? Seriously, is there a PBS AfterDark channel? If I'm Pip I tell Estella "it's been real" and try to get my paws all up on the old lady. "Let's get you outta these cobwebs, baby...ooooh, let's take a look under here, and - what the...okay, I'm gonna need a whisk broom but that's okay, don't move..."

Hopefully things pick up a bit.

No comments: