Tuesday, May 15, 2012

40. Ugh.

I have 39 days left until I hit the big 4-0; on a whim I looked back in my journal to exactly ten years ago:

MAY 15, 2002
I wish Bush would go ahead and pull the trigger on Iraq - I mean let's get in there, blow them to Kingdom Come already! The only question would be if we can make the war quicker than the first Gulf War...I'll say this: I don't wanna be in Gary Condit's shoes. Dude's fucked for life. Have fun in prison, asshole!!...how many titles are Shaq & Kobe gonna win before it's all over - 9? 10? Rest of the league should just give up...Jennifer Lopez' Enough is coming out next week - when is she finally gonna make a flick with her boyfriend, Ben Affleck? HELLO: ka-CHING!...it's really hard to imagine there's gonna be some asshole sportswriter not voting for Bonds, Sosa and McGuire for the Hall of Fame, isn't it? Ugh. Sportswriters suuuuuuuuuck....Bruce Springsteen had a nice career, didn't he? So his last full-band record was Born in the USA, so what? Dude had 10 great years!...my roommate turns 44 next week and isn't married. I can't even fathom getting into my 40's and not married. Poor bastard...about time for The Simpsons to wrap up, no? Surely they're out of ideas by now...Dee Dee Ramone looks healthier than ever, good to see he'll be around for a long time...someone just was yammering to me about their "blog." What the fuck is a blog? Part blow job, part log? Great, more places for queers to gather...book it: Grant Hill will be our first black president, and it may be as soon as 2032.

No comments: