Thursday, June 14, 2012

41, Cont.

I missed the George HW Bush doc on HBO, but I look forward to watching it later on. I enjoyed the PBS American Experience on him, and I imagine that during the HBO doc we'll learn pretty much the same thing as we did with Evan Thomas' quote "One of the ironies of Bush is here is a fundamentally decent man who presided over a moment when politics got meaner and rougher.” Bush demanding to face reality and go back on his "no new taxes" speech and his refusal to spike the football during the crumbling of the Berlin Wall means he would be crucified if he happened in today's GOP. It was also this show on PBS that inspired me to craft my exceedingly brilliant post re: which presidencies Bush/Clinton/Bush should have served during rather than their own.

No comments: