Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Interesting Thought du Jour

I find it hard to really believe, but this from Horatio Sanz in the upcoming SNL oral history update is at least interesting to think about:
I always kind of felt bad when Will Ferrell did his Bush impression because he was such a good old boy that you really didn’t think, “Oh, this evil little rich prick whose dad and his friends got him in office.” You thought, “Oh, he’s just a good old guy I’d like to drink beer with.” As funny as Will’s impression was, the audience as a whole, the whole country, would probably see that as, “Oh, I like Bush. Because he’s Will.” You know, if Will hadn’t done that impression, or at least made him likable, it may have tipped it the other way. I honestly think so.
Course, then there's the rest:
We made up for it. I think Tina’s impression basically killed Sarah Palin.

No comments: