Sunday, August 24, 2014

Peep Show

This guy nails it:
Let’s face it, a person’s inner thoughts are usually far more interesting than any they are willing to put on display for the public eye.

How many times has your mind said ‘oh God, it’s him again, please don’t approach me’, yet what comes out of your mouth is more along the lines of “Hey! Great to see you!” Well, Peep Show perfectly plays on that notion by allowing the viewers to hear both the repressed, more honest subconscious of a character as well as their filtered spoken words.
The only question is it took so long for a show to do this.

I for one am able to relate to both characters, something I could never do with George/Jerry as I could only really relate to George, not Jerry. I spent years and years like Jeremy, completely useless and draining those around me, and I've always spoken in my head like Mark, shredding the patheticness (which isn't even a real word) of myself 24/7 while saying the opposite to anyone in front of me.

No comments: