Monday, August 17, 2015

Funny Books (Hopefully)

I've never seen a Woody Allen movie anywhere near as funny as Without Feathers.  - Xmastime 
I recently ordered Lucky Jim (hey, just arrived at my doorstep! Thank you, horrible horrible Amazon!) after hearing for years that it's the funniest novel ever written, or at least of the last century or such. Meanwhile, Esquire has a list of the 20 Books Ever, and I must say that while I guess the character and premise of Confederacy of Dunces was pretty funny I don't remember a single funny line from the book; and good for them for putting Without Feathers (not a real "novel" but fuck it) at the #1 slot, which as you know is a superslice that I've shamelessly ripped of over the last 25+ years in a fashion second only to Neil Simon's Star-Spangled Girl.

No comments: