Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Waste of Space

While waiting for the G train this afternoon I found myself looking at a poster on the wall for the upcoming flick "Stop-Loss." Whatever, I'm just kinda looking for it, waiting for the train. This is a poster on the subway, a "hey look it's Ryan Phillippe in a tiny t-shirt, come see this movie!" quick sales pitch. I see the list of the main actors, then produced by, directed by. Okay, written by, alright. Next thing you know I'm reading the names of people that were in charge of the cinematography, production design,the set design and art direction. Who the fuck is this for? Who's walking down the platform and says "hhheeeey, Shithead McShittsey designed the set for this one, I'm going!!!" This goes along with the overly-exhaustive 90000-long list of credits at the end of flicks nowadays. Hey, save it for your fucking insider Hollywood resumes, assfaces. Is Spielburg up at the screen with his bifocals at the end of "Infield Super-Fly Rule" starring Will Ferrell, looking to see who the 2nd Nutbag to the Gaffer is so he can use him for his next film? Camon. UG on movie opening credits here.

No comments: