Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Greatest Hits, Track 6

Friday, November 09, 2007
The Manny Tapes (Driving Mrs. Daisy)


Sometimes when I'm with the boy I remark to him that he's my best friend. "You're my best friend, lil buddy" I tell him. To which he cocks his head back and points to...well, anything. Then I yell at myself whats wrong with you? He's not your best friend; he's only one year old!! He can't talk, he has no idea what you're saying. You have no common interests, and he can't drive. I correct myself. But then I'm like fuck it, why not? I'm with him more than I am with anybody else. He earnestly listens to me all day (even if he don't understand it.) He's always thrilled to see me; he never turns his nose up at how broke I am, or that I'm overweight or a loser or whatever. Lights up when I show up, then we read and wrestle and cruise through town. My little sidekick, my running mate. My lil buddy.






"Hahahaha!! Xmas why dont you suck my...I mean, kiss my...you little fa...I...aw, fuck it, I love you too buddy!!!!"

1 comment:

Gina said...

Aw...of course you can be BFF with a toddler...as long as I can carry on a monologue with my remaining egg 1/2 persons.