Thursday, March 19, 2009

Born in the Fucking USA


Via Sully; apparently an article re: the juxtapositon of Bruce's artistic and capitalistic timelines. First of all, I'm surprised we're this far into 2009 and seeing (to me) the first of any 25th year anniversary mention of this, one of the biggest albums in the world. Plus some of the similarities to the shit the vets are in now and were then is pretty jarring. Mostly it made me think of something Bruce once said (not to me personally):

You know the old saying: trust the art, not the artist. I think that's true. I think somebody can do real good work and be a fool in a variety of ways. I think my music is probably better than I am. I mean, like , your music is your ideals a lot of the times, and you don't live up to those ideals all the time. You try, but you fall short and you disappoint yourself.

No comments: