Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Luckily Voters Have Incredibly Short Memories

Because I live on the planet and have a brain, I'm aware of the political cover these douchebags are betting on when they vote against the stimulus package et al, knowing it will pass and they'll still be able to happily take whatever money comes to their home state (including, of course, all the "pork" these jagoffs scream about as if it's Satan coming to get your children.)

But if you're a fan of the right, you can't say you'll be particularly proud of said dude a year from now, when he's at some ceremony getting patted on the back for creating 50,000 jobs in his state. As in instead of saying "thank you, aren't I wonderful?" he should truthfully be saying "50,000 jobs? Boy, I really fought against that tooth and nail." Ah well. Jobs are jobs, I guess. Including the one the congressman would get to keep, since (see title of post.)

No comments: