Sunday, April 05, 2009

Guns: It's What's for Dinner

There sure have been a lot of shootings recently, huh? Which means the inevitable "we have to change the gun laws!!" articles are gonna be rolling out, which of course are as useless as tits on a bull. Ain't happening. There's a better chance of Rihanna deciding to wake Chris Brown up out of a deep sleep with an airhorn. As I wrote HERE after the VA TECH MASSACRE,
...to even sit here and think we’re gonna have serious change re: the gun laws is silly. So let’s stop with the “national grieving”, let’s stop with the utter shock. Let’s go about our day, shrug our shoulders and say “well, that’s the price someone else pays so that I can stock my house with a ton of guns.” You know, to “protect my family.” I don’t want one goddam politician or NRA dude onscreen crying, using some air time to squeeze out some tears about this “tragedy.” I want Charlton Heston on the screen with an AK-47 shouting “from my cold, dead hands!!” Cause that’s what we’ve chosen...Don't like it? Move to Canada, you fucking pussy; I'm buying a gun store.

And forget about having laws re: keeping someone who seems capable of homicide from buying a gun - his right to own a gun supercedes my right to not be blown away by him should he decide things aren't going his way on any particular day. There's a reason there's something called "The Bill of Right," after all.

Besides, reading minds is for things like looking into Russian leaders' souls, or deciding if NFL quarterbacks are contrite after spending a few years in jail. Let's please not waste all of telepathic powers on shit like dudes who wanna stock up on automatic assault weapons. Have I already told you to move to Canada, you fucking pussy?

No comments: