Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yankee Stadium II

Watching Opening Day makes me think of the first doubleheader of summer league ball after my freshman year. At 14 I was technically too young to be on the team, but Coach Asthon snuck me on anyway...of course, looking back, the odds of anyone checking to see someone's age was about 0 to 0.

I got 7 hits and threw two guys out at home from right field that day. I played DT & the Shakes' HITS album in my head over & over, and I ruled the games. We got crushed of course; but Coach made a point of mentioning that the only one who did shit all day was a scrawny 14 year-old (awaiting Brothatime!!'s fone call: "You were never scrawny.") I was a 14 year-old Superman.

Of course, I got one hit the whole rest of the summer. ONE. The season turned into an outrageously long one; hours of standing around in the baking sun waiting for Stick Man to throw a strike, which happened about as often as me getting a hit. I also spent an entire afternoon yelling at Coach to get me out of the outfield cause there were snake holes out there.

I don't know what my point is. I guess I'm hoping some hot chick will read this and decide she needs to sleep with me, since I once threw out 2 guys at home in one game. Usualy how it works, I guess.

Sigh. Memories!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Yankees lose! The Yankees lose!