Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yankee Stadium III

The new Archbishop of New York, Tim Dolan, is in the booth for this inning. I remembered reading yesterday that he was the 13th Archbishop, and in looking it up just now I see that he's indeed only the 13th since 1808. What's funny is he's the 13th in the last 201 years, but the third since I moved here 11 years ago. Wtf?

Also funny is that I notice they're required to retire at age 75. So in a gig where your main job is to tell people to be nice to each other and love Jesus they require you to quit at 75 - meanwhile, as I mentioned HERE, if your job is to be a part of the highest judicial body of the United States whose jurisdiction includes the entire country, you're allowed to become a drooling vegetable and keep your job. Incredible.

No comments: