Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dream Jobs

When I first moved to New York, one of the things I loved were the outrageiously clever headlines that were on the back of the Daily News; I always wished I could be the guy whose sole job it was to come up with them. A favorite I still remember was the Chuck Knoblauch bonehead play in the 1998 World Series.


Nowadays, I'm falling in love with the guy who gets to put together the Drudge Report main headline, which right now looks like this:



How awesome is that? "okay, what's the headline?...ooooooh, I have the perfect picture...TIM GEITHNER'S EYES!!!!!" You can almost picture dude hitting "POST" and then rolling back in his chair and pointing to his buddy across the room with two words: "NAILED it!" It could only be better if they had a 360-degree camera, and we could roll over to see that he is in fact staring down a collection of small banks, cowering in the corner. "We hafta go to the bathroom! Can we go to the restroom please??!??"

I'm loving it.

No comments: