Monday, September 14, 2009

First Jay Leno Show

1) The Seinfeld/Leno segment was way too awkward for a coupla dudes who've known each other for 3 decades. I wonder if the Curb You Enthusiasm Seinfeld arc will reference the Michael Richards racist fiasco? That would be fucking genius.
4) And yes, that’s my segue back to this whole Michael Richards fiasco. I said it before, Im sick of everybody’s fake outrage over this. Yes, it was a mean, bad thing he said. Duh. But if we’re gonna pretend to outraged, why can’t we be pissed at REAL racism, racism that lies in the government, in corporations, communities – there is real racism everywhere, so lets not blow our wad on some words spouted by a guy whose sole claim to fame is funny entrances into his neighbors apartment. Camon. Tho I must say, this thing has made for some funny shit on tv, most of all my girl Elizabeth "Will Somebody Please Fuck the Dumb Out of Me?" Hasselbeck on "The View", who was saying that everyone should boycott the latest "Seinfeld" dvds. First of all, yes Elizabeth, you ARE the least racist person in the world, congratulations!!! I’m sure black people will now join your fight to keep W in office a third term. Secondly, I couldn’t help but laugh at this one – yeah, I’m sure the three black Seinfeld fans in the country will take a stand. "Seinfeld" is my show, but I can’t say they really busted their hump to show any racial diversity. Which, ironically, may be more honest to real life anyways. But other than Jackie Childs, the only other black character I recall is when Kramer had a black girlfriend, and what happened?….tada, over-tanned himself before meeting her family. Blackface always cooks! Though now that I think of it, could the show’s recurrent nod to black people be George never tipping waitresses? HIYOOOOOOOOOOO!! I’m kidding people!!! I joke, relax!!!!

Basically I referenced that post just so I can revisit:
6) And speaking of black people. How come I’ve never met a black guy that’s scared of me, yet every one I’ve ever known or seen is terrified of dogs? What’s this all about?
2) I don't care what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift unless it involved night goggle, axle grease and is on YouTube, but didn't he famously swear off these things anyway? MTV Awards? Didn't he boycott, vis-a-vis them finding out he's a shitty rapper?

3) Anybody else surprised Rihanna is a singer? I thought she was just somehow famous, then was launched into Celebrities-that-don't-do-anything Immortality in Chris Brown's car last year?

4) I laughed at Seinfeld's "you know, in the 90s when we quit a show we stayed away" line, but his best moment since his show was definitely this:

No comments: