Monday, November 09, 2009

Mad Men

The series finale was by far the best episode of the season, since it contained more actual fucking office stuff than the entire year combined, so much so that it even gave the home stuff more juice somehow (Don finding out about wifey the whore from Roger is 1000x more thrilling/hard-hitting than the weekly standard of him with that teacher/wifey standing around looking frosty/whatever blah blah blah, and certainly more chilling than him finding out from her blurting it out during a fight or whatever.) More Bert Cooper is always great (is he an actual Rankin/Bass character?), Pete Campbell's back from the dead, and it's awesome to see Don and Roger back on the screen together again.

I wonder if making a point that it was Friday the 13th will come to mean something? Hmm.

Anyways, exactly what I've been bitching for all year: more office shit. WHICH of course makes it even more infuriating that they stuffed all of that into the last episode, and so now we gotta wait another goddam 6 months for more and, much like my "wear the best shirt in my arsenal on Friday so all the girls will have all weekend to think about how cool I looked" high school policy, they know my now having nothing but good memories will have me chomping at the bit when it comes back. At which point they will probably do the exact same thing next season. Grrr.

BallBuster said it right, tho. I will miss the office itself. My favorite character (without titties.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was just like Entourage when Ari started his own agency.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you're so encouraged considering they just said goodbye to that office you're so in love with.