Thursday, January 07, 2010

Xmastime Notes

February 18, 1999
Brooklyn, NY

Finally had that talk with Dish last night. Though, unfortunately, I was fucking wasted, so I hafta piece it together in my mind. But I fucking hammered home that as much as we suck, we hafta fucking play out. Scatter-shot practice does nothing for us. The other day on the phone Will said "you wanna make sure your band practices? Book a show. You'll be amazed at how much more a band is willing to practice if it's worried it will embarrass itself." So we'll see. I dropped off tapes at Brownies, CB's, the Continental, Arlenes and Brownies. We'll play Halo On Her Head/The Best Days of Our Lives/Teen Love/Did You Get My Letter?/The Scarlet Ibis/Movies are for Retards/Pete Buck Hill/I'm Not Joe Strummer/I Still Love Donna.

Of course we'll never get a show, but even so we need to fucking practice.

FEBRUARY 19, 1999
Brooklyn, NY

We have a fucking show!! YES!! The Continental!!!!!! Just got the call!!!

Everybody's gonna die, and I always wonder why
The sun comes up at night, and nothing's ever right and I can't wait until...

I just hate the world that spins, with all the plastic grins...

*CHORUS I wish it was Christmas Eve
It means so much to me
I wish that we weren't so alone
I wish that we were home

No comments: